5 Classic Engagement Party Ideas, Plus Venues in Michigan
Engagement party ideas can range from simple to extravagant, but it pays to have a plan in place and know the best engagement party venues in Michigan.
Top 5 Engagement Party Ideas
1. Engagement BrunchThis is a bit of a twist on the classic engagement party setup—just trade in the standard cocktails and appetizers for mimosas and the breakfast foods of your choice. Holding the event at a dedicated engagement party venue can make the event far more manageable, organized, and easier to clean up after the guests have finished the last Bloody Mary.
2. Lakeside Sunset SoiréeWhen you choose RedWater Events as your engagement party venue, our staff takes most of the tasks off your plate, including beverage services and catering. Regardless of whether you choose one of our indoor or outdoor lakeside venues, you can enjoy a romantic sunset with your family and friends. With all the legwork out of the way, all that’s left to do is toast the engaged couple while watching nature work its magic in the sky and on the lake.
3. Outdoor LuncheonMichigan’s mild springs and summers make a perfect backdrop for a celebration the couple and their guests will remember. RedWater Events has multiple open-air venues with outdoor seating and delicious lunchtime menus.
4. Raise a Glass to the EngagedAs if we needed another reason to break out the refreshments! There’s a reason the cocktail hour is the classic, traditional way to celebrate an engagement—it can be as formal or as informal as you’d like. If you like having a more over-the-top, lavish event complete with a professional mixologist and hot hors d’oeuvres, RedWater Events can help. On the other end of the spectrum, we can easily provide an open bar with beer and wine for a more casual party.
5. A Simple Family GatheringSometimes, the best celebrations are ones that bring together members of the couple’s family shortly after the proposal. Keep it simple by choosing an event venue from RedWater Events. We’ll take care of catering, decorations, setup, and teardown.
The Best Engagement Party Venues in MichiganWest Michigan has no shortage of elegant event spaces. No matter which idea you choose to celebrate the newly engaged couple, these tasteful engagement party venues in Michigan can help make it happen.
Boatwerks Waterfront EventsSettled on the shores of picturesque Lake Macatawa, Boatwerks offers breathtaking waterfront views in an elegant space. With rooms that can accommodate hundreds of people and optional space for a celebration on the water in the warmer months of the year, this venue offers in-house catering, beverage service, and in some cases a fireplace if the couple is celebrating in the colder months.
Muskegon Country ClubNestled along the shores of Muskegon Lake, Muskegon Country Club is an exquisite space with both indoor and outdoor options. Have your engagement brunch or picnic overlooking the lake in an open-air arrangement, or in a space with views of the club’s expansive golf course. Just tell us what you need, and our dedicated staff will help the engagement party go off without a hitch!
Thornapple Pointe Golf ClubA breezy space with casual sophistication, Thornapple Pointe has three different engagement party venues with views of the greenery southeast of the Grand Rapids metro area. The Pavilion has stylish lighting and cobblestone floors, beautiful views and privacy, and customizable catering and decor options, making it perfect for any engagement party—or the big day itself.
Macatawa Golf ClubLocated on the lush outskirts of Holland, Macatawa Golf Club’s venues make the perfect setting for an engagement celebration. It features an intimate space striking views of the grounds, and the capacity to cater to up to 60 people. Does the couple like to golf? Even better—the Live Golf Lounge offers a casual but classy space to enjoy golf all year long.
Ravines Golf ClubFeaturing modern elegance in its engagement party venues, Ravines Golf Club is located in the scenic hills above Saugatuck. With stunning indoor and outdoor options and understated sophistication, this event venue is great for everything from brunch to evening cocktail events.
Watermark Country ClubThe Watermark Country Club is located east of Grand Rapids and can host everything from intimate events with fewer than 50 people to blowout engagement parties with hundreds of guests. It also features beautiful patio venues and light, airy event spaces that make it great for both luncheons and upscale evening cocktail parties alike.
Sunnybrook Country ClubSituated southwest of Grand Rapids, Sunnybrook Country Club is full of stunning spaces and views of a serene, idyllic golf course that are a great choice when you’re planning an engagement party, whether it’s an indoor event or an outdoor soirée. Our dedicated event staff will help you create an unforgettable experience with timeless elegance to make the celebration complete.
Thousand Oaks Golf ClubThousand Oaks Golf Club is a jewel of an event venue situated in a quieter northern corner of Grand Rapids. Featuring a full bar, a private deck, and a lounge, this award-winning venue also has breathtaking views over the golf courses, making it the ultimate spot for a traditional cocktail hour-style engagement party.
StoneWater Country ClubSituated south of Grand Rapids, StoneWater Country Club features a variety of different rooms. With easy access from US 131 It’s an ideal, centralized space for intimate family gatherings, massive blowout parties with dancing and cocktails, or anything in between. Want the engagement party to be an outdoor event, but you’re nervous about the weather? No worries. StoneWater also has a covered patio overlooking the golf course for the perfect venue, rain or shine!
Make Your Engagement Party a No-Hassle Event with Us!After the proposal, it’s time to celebrate! Find the perfect engagement party venue for your event, and we’ll be happy to help you get the party started.
Ready to Book?
Reach out for more information on any of our venues!