50th Anniversary Party Ideas to Celebrate a Golden Love
50 Years of Marriage Calls for a Celebration You’ve made it 50 years with the love of your life. That’s an incredible accomplishment deserving of a worthy celebration. Through every trial and tribulation, your love has only strengthened over the decades. Throw a party and celebrate 50 years worth of memories with everyone who helped…
50 Years of Marriage Calls for a CelebrationYou’ve made it 50 years with the love of your life. That’s an incredible accomplishment deserving of a worthy celebration. Through every trial and tribulation, your love has only strengthened over the decades. Throw a party and celebrate 50 years worth of memories with everyone who helped you get right where you are. RedWater Events will help ensure you find the perfect venue to fit all those closest to you.
50th Wedding Anniversary IdeasA successful anniversary party takes a bit of work to pull off. The good news is that you’re not in it alone. RedWater can help create a perfect, customized 50th wedding anniversary party through our many comprehensive event venue spaces.
Anniversary Party VenuesThe right venue is one of the most important steps when it comes to planning your party. If you’re looking for a romantic space to keep the love alive, RedWater has a wide range of options ideal for a romantic celebration. Our Ravines space located in Saugatuck brings the perfect ambiance to the occasion. The cottage is lined with stunning fairy lights that feel like something right out of a fairytale. It fits up to 175 guests, allowing you to invite everyone you love to join in. Amenities include a bar, patio, and fireplace. The large farmhouse tables ensure ample space for everyone to be seated where they please to enjoy the catered cuisine. You can’t go wrong with the scenic view of a wooded golf course stretching off into the distance. One of our most popular venues is Boatwerks in downtown Holland. For those with a large guest list, this venue fits up to 275 people. The patio overlooks a stunning view of Lake Macatawa. Head out onto the lawn to enjoy the firepit and lawn games surrounded by tiki torches. There’s also a built-in bar for use as needed. We’ll provide white resin chairs and chair covers, a stage, and simple centerpieces. Boatwerks has multiple rooms to choose from, one of the most gorgeous being the Black River Ballroom. There are dozens more spaces to choose from, so be sure to spend time deciding and checking out every option. Whichever space you choose, RedWater will customize every detail to fit your unique needs. Make this anniversary the best one yet with an all-out celebration that you and your guests will remember for the next 50 years!
Food for 50th Anniversary PartyRedWater provides catering at each of their venues. Depending on how formal you’d like your party to be, you can select from a variety of catering styles. From buffets to appetizers and plated meals, there’s no wrong answer. Treat your guests to a night of delicious cuisine and desserts that are just the cherry on top of an epic night.
50th Anniversary Party ThemesLooking for party theme ideas for your 50th-anniversary party? We’ve got you covered. While RedWater does not provide decor, guests are welcome and encouraged to bring their own.
- Golden: Going golden tends to bring a look of elegance and a cohesive aesthetic to all the photos. Bring tablecloths, chair covers, centerpieces, and balloons that fit the golden color scheme you’ve selected. Even desserts brought in can be decorated to fit the theme with multiple flavors and icing options.
- Wedding day: What could be more romantic for a 50th anniversary than recreating the day that got you there? Recreate your wedding day in every detail to truly memorialize the occasion. If you still have the same dress and tux, wear them! Body’s changed since then? Simply hang the original outfits on display and wear something more comfortable. Bring in decor that matches your original wedding day.
- Decade: Married in the ‘80s? Shoot for an ‘80s-themed anniversary party! Make sure all the guests get the memo so no one feels left out arriving in modern apparel. Hair, makeup, outfits, and even the music can be set to fit the night. The photos are guaranteed to be the talk of the next five decades.
Anniversary Party GamesGames are the perfect way to provide entertainment at parties and allow guests to get to know both one another as well as the couple even better. These games and activities are easily executed to ensure minimal setup is required.
- Trivia: A nice game of “remember when” can truly add a romantic spark to the party. See if guests can guess what year you met, where your first kiss was, or even who said “I love you” first. For more added fun, toss in some inexpensive prizes as souvenirs.
- Couple’s karaoke: Hop up in front of your closest friends and family and jam out to your favorite songs. Encourage other couples and singles to join in. You’ll have the whole crowd laughing, cheering, and singing along. We make it easy by having great relationships with local venders like Moments in Time and Prestige Sound & Entertainment.
Why RedWater?RedWater has been providing incredible venues and services to West Michigan communities for years. We go above and beyond for every single client we serve, no exceptions. From start to finish, we’ll ensure your event is a success.
Read Our ReviewsBoatwerks Restaurant: “Jean at Boatwerks made the planning process very easy by responding promptly to my emails. We’ve visited the restaurant many times and are always happy with the food quality. We were extremely happy with the food quality at our event. Many people commented on how great the food was. The event ran smoothly and the staff was friendly. We are very happy with our rehearsal dinner and will recommend Boatwerks to others in the future!” -Leah Ravines Golf Club: “The Ravines Golf Club was the most beautiful wedding ceremony and reception venue! It was out of a dream! The location was perfect, the room was gorgeously appointed, and the view from the reception room was idyllic for our evening reception! We got married on a rainy weekend (it had been torrentially raining the whole week leading up to the wedding), with an outdoor evening wedding on the gorgeous grounds of the golf club. Somehow, the rain broke for a few hours to give us the most perfect wedding ceremony! The ceremony site is set amidst bushes of fragrant flowers, with perfectly manicured lawns, and within a very short walking distance from the club house/reception hall. The bride and wedding party entered across a wooden bridge that goes through the trees: a scene out of a fairytale and so calming as you walk towards the altar! Everything was picture perfect, and truly my dream wedding!” -Beau Fleurs
Stellar ServiceThe RedWater team is committed to making your anniversary party run smoothly. Our catering alleviates the need for party planners to bring food for everyone. Staff sets up before an event and breaks down the space at the end of the night. The goal is to make things as stress-free for the hosts as possible. RedWater venues also have high-speed internet capabilities that allow parties to include activities like slideshows, interactive videos, and more. Your anniversary party is a guaranteed hit with RedWater on the job.
Celebrate 50 Years of Love with RedWaterTo learn more about the spaces RedWater has available for your 50th wedding anniversary, reach out today. The team is always prepared to offer 50th anniversary party ideas and to help you select the best venue and food to match your theme.
Ready to Book?
Reach out for more information on any of our venues!